Nemo Wagging Tail

5.19.2016

Get Off Your Phone!

live-av.info


Social media and electronic communication devices has affected many parts of my relationship with my family, friends and students. First off, my family and I are very connected due to the fact that my parents made a group chat including our whole family in the country or internationally. This made my family closer and I give props to the social media. However, Social media made me and my friends separated because every lunch, one of us have an electronic device like cellphones, laptops, tablets, etc., in our hands. I feel like this greatly change our relationship in our life.

Yes, these changes have altered these relationships for the better AND worse. My relationship with my family turned great because of technology. Social media and electronic communication devices changed our relationship. Although, the relationship with my friends are turning down due to technology. We still communicate but we usually communicate on group chats, on the other hand, limiting social media and electronic communication devices can make our relationship run again.  

Electronic devices should be allowed in academic settings such as schools and classrooms because technology is part of our lives now. DEAL WITH IT. However, teachers should monitor students on what they are doing in their electronic devices because some students may be playing games, watching YouTube videos and etc. The only con for allowing electronic devices in schools is that students can be distracted due to electronic devices. Instead of doing their work, they may be wasting their time doing non-sense.


There are some rules and regulations that the school administrators should place to ensure these devices do not detrimentally affect the students within their school. First, block apps that can distract students like Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat and Netflix. For 2 years of high school, I believe that these apps heavily distract students and I believe that the school administrator should eliminate them.

No comments:

Post a Comment